Our U&We colleague Håkan Emilsson has written a blog on the role of companies in achieving the goals outlined in the Paris Agreement and the Earth Statement.
His key points are:
- the rate of emissions reductions must be even quicker than currently planned
- companies’ efforts are as important as those of any other actors in society
- all stakeholder groups are now interested in the climate issue and pressure on companies is increasing
- ZeroMission’s climate strategy model covers the necessary steps: measure, set goals, plan action to reduce emissions and change to renewable energy, offset emissions and communicate.
- the Science-Based Targets initiative is helping companies set the ambitious targets required.
Read Håkan’s blog (in Swedish) here.